Valerian tincture is used to relieve insomnia, muscle spasm, and increase circulation to the brain.
- Scientific Name: Valeriana species
- Origin: Southwest U.S.
- Qualities: Warm & Dry.
- Indications from Traditional Uses & Modern Research: Anxiety, spasms, seizures, migraines, nervous exhaustion, insomnia, vicarious and abnormal menses, focuses the mind in low doses, epilepsy, convulsions; has been classified as a central nervous system depressant post-trauma.
- Preparation: Fresh plant tincture, 1:2 95% organic cane alcohol
- Suggested Dosage: 30-90 drops, to 3x/day - alone or in warm water
- Contraindications: Start with a low dose as valerian may excite certain individuals.
- Disclaimer: These statements has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.