Tulsi/Holy Basil Tincture
Highly versatile herb favored for its antidepressant, and insulin-sensitizing effects.
You will find Holy Basil in our Arthritis-Warm Formula, also.
- Scientific Name: Occimum sanctum (O. tenuiflorum) (Lamiaceae)
- Origin: southern Arizona
- Qualities: Warm & Dry. Pungent, sweet. Carminative, adaptogen, antidepressant, antioxidant, antiviral, antimicrobial, antifungal, anxiolytic, expectorant, diuretic, immunomodulator.
- Uses: Helps reduce the effects of stress, improves digestion, enhances immunity, gas, intestinal cramps, ulcers, allergies, asthma, colds, influenza, headaches, cough, sinusitis, enhance cerebral circulation, improve memory, improve insulin sensitivity, improve recovery from head trauma.
- Preparation: Fresh, organic flowering herb, 1:2, 95% cane alcohol.
- Suggested Dosage: 30-60 drops, to 4x/day.
- Contraindications: Avoid using Holy Basil if intending to become pregnant, and may be best to avoid during pregnancy. Evidence shows it may speed elimination of some medications. Best to avoid when using anticoagulant drugs.