Elder leaf TinctureRegular price Sale price $13.00
*Herbalist Stephen Buhner has recently added this tincture to his core pandemic virus kit. Studies indicate that elder improves T cell counts as the virus works to down-regulate our innate immune responses to the virus. Licorice Root Tincture & Red Root Tincture will also help in this regard.
The reason for a "decocted tincture" (according to Stephen Buhner) is to reduce the likelihood of nausea upon ingestion. However, we have yet to receive a report of nausea from any of our customers, nor have we observed it ourselves at the recommended dosage.
Additionally, there has been concern over whether elder can potentiate cytokine storms. Although very few have observed the effects of elder preparations in relation to current pandemic virus cases, the indication from previous usage for SARS cases is that the effects of elder are *immune modulating* and it will not precipitate a cytokine storm (which the current pandemic virus is itself initiating within the epithelial lining of the lungs in order to create an advantageous ecology to its own proliferation).
Classic remedy for bone health and healing.
- Scientific Name: Sambucus mexicana, S. cerulea
- Origin: southern Arizona, southern California, or Sonora, Mexico
- Qualities: Cool & dry. Diaphoretic, antimicrobial, antiviral, bone-healing, purgative, astringent, antifungal, immune-modulating
- Uses: osteoporosis, broken bones, bruised bones, viral infections, topical microbial infections, fungal infections
- Preparation: Fresh leaves and stems, 1:2 95% organic cane alcohol
- Dosage: 30 drops to .5 teaspoon, or as part of the Core Buhner Protocol which is equal parts to Licorice Root, both at about 11% of the total formula (which also includes Baikal Skullcap [3 parts], Japanese Knotweed root , and Kudzu ).