Decocted Elder leaf TinctureRegular price Sale price $13.00
Key Difference with Elder Leaf Tincture: The DECOCTED Elder leaf tincture differs from the FRESH Elder leaf tincture in that the leaves (fresh or dry) are exposed to heat (through simmering) rendering the *potentially* nauseating compounds (hydrocyanic acid [HCN]) inert, or breaking them down through the process of heating. NOTE: These nauseating effects have been reported only in a *small percentage* of people who ingest elder leaf preparations. Once deactivated an element of elder's medicine is removed. The reason for a "decocted tincture" (according to Stephen Buhner) is to reduce the likelihood of nausea upon ingestion. However, we have yet to receive a report of nausea from any of our customers, nor have we observed it ourselves at the recommended intake.
A classic remedy for bone health.
- Scientific Name: Sambucus mexicana, (syn. Sambucus canadensis, S. cerulea var. mexicana, S. nigra subsp. canadensis)
- Origin: southern Arizona
- Qualities: Cool & dry. Diaphoretic
- Uses: Supports bone health
- Preparation: Fresh (or dry) leaves and stems, filtered water, 25% organic cane alcohol
Dosage: 30 drops to .5 teaspoon, or as part of the Core CV Buhner Protocol which is equal parts to Licorice Root, both at about 11% of the total formula (which also includes Baikal Skullcap [3 parts], Japanese Knotweed root , and Kudzu ).
All of our products are 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed. Returned items are subject to a 20% restocking fee.
Purchasing Route Shipping Insurance covers all loss, damage and theft of your package once it leaves our facility (even Customs delays!). Please contact Route directly with any claims. If you decline to add Route Shipping Insurance then your package is not covered for any loss, damage or theft once it leaves our facility.
- We are a very small, family-run business. We process all ingredients, products and orders by hand. Orders are currently processed by noon (MST) on Monday, Wednesday and Friday of each week, unless otherwise noted. You will receive a second notification once your order has been processed (along with a USPS tracking number).
- We cannot accept any order changes at this time. Please be sure of what you are ordering before you complete your purchase.
- Purchasing Route Shipping Insurance covers all loss, damage and theft of your package once it leaves our facility (even Customs delays!). Please contact Route directly with any claims. If you decline to add Route Shipping Insurance then your package is not covered for any loss, damage or theft once it leaves our facility.
- If you select USPS Priority Mail, your package should be delivered within 2-3 days of being processed.
- We DO NOT offer Expedited Shipping at this time.
- Please be sure to enter the correct shipping address. This is where your package will be sent.
- FREE Domestic Shipping option (on orders over $150) includes USPS First Class or Priority. International Shipping options include USPS First Class, UPS, or DHL. NO free International Shipping.
If you would like to pickup your order rather than have us ship it to you, please select the 'pickup' option during checkout.
You will be notified by email once your order is ready for pickup.