Creosote Bush, aka Chaparral, dry herbRegular price Sale price $9.00
Wildcrafted in the Sonoran or Mojave desert.
Once a common kitchen medicine of the peoples of the Southwestern US deserts, this herb possesses a wide array of topical applications, but can be safely used internally as well.
The steam inhalation is a great way to clear the sinuses. The wash is pain relieving and relaxing. For chronic inflammatory joint pain, bathe with the tea 1-2x/month. Use @4oz for each full body bath, or prepare a smaller amount to use as a fomentation to spot treat various parts of the body.
Chaparral is safe to use both internally and externally.
Gathered ethically from the Southwestern deserts.
- Scientific Name: Larrea tridentata
- Directions: For steam inhalation, place 1/2 cup in 1qt water, bring to boil, and simmer for 10-15 minutes, covered. Covering head with towel, place face over the pot of hot, steaming tea to inhale and expose head to steam. Prepare the same for a wash or bath (make stronger for full body bath), strain and use. For sipping tea, place a small handful of herb in a quart of cool water and let steep overnight. Drink 1/2 cup, 2x/day up to 2 weeks.
- Disclaimer: None of these statements have been evaluated by the FDA, and there is currently no scientific validation for the mechanism of action of this herb. Please consult with a licensed physician before attempting to treat any serious health concerns.
All of our products are 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed. Returned items are subject to a 20% restocking fee.
Purchasing Route Shipping Insurance covers all loss, damage and theft of your package once it leaves our facility (even Customs delays!). Please contact Route directly with any claims. If you decline to add Route Shipping Insurance then your package is not covered for any loss, damage or theft once it leaves our facility.
- We are a very small, family-run business. We process all ingredients, products and orders by hand. Orders are currently processed by noon (MST) on Monday, Wednesday and Friday of each week, unless otherwise noted. You will receive a second notification once your order has been processed (along with a USPS tracking number).
- We cannot accept any order changes at this time. Please be sure of what you are ordering before you complete your purchase.
- Purchasing Route Shipping Insurance covers all loss, damage and theft of your package once it leaves our facility (even Customs delays!). Please contact Route directly with any claims. If you decline to add Route Shipping Insurance then your package is not covered for any loss, damage or theft once it leaves our facility.
- If you select USPS Priority Mail, your package should be delivered within 2-3 days of being processed.
- We DO NOT offer Expedited Shipping at this time.
- Please be sure to enter the correct shipping address. This is where your package will be sent.
- FREE Domestic Shipping option (on orders over $150) includes USPS First Class or Priority. International Shipping options include USPS First Class, UPS, or DHL. NO free International Shipping.
If you would like to pickup your order rather than have us ship it to you, please select the 'pickup' option during checkout.
You will be notified by email once your order is ready for pickup.